Saturday, June 30, 2007

Platform Festival - June 27 '07 - Part 6

At every table there were buckets of crayons that guests at Platform used to draw on the tablecloth. They were provided by one of the sponsors of the festival, Laika Studios of Portland. "eat. meet. animate."




As I was doodling and talking to the guys, I saw in the distance a striking figure. He stood out from the crowd and as I watched him, I realized who he was. The great Wil Vinton himself! I went over, said hello and asked if I could take his picture and he graciously said sure, so I did. Meeting Wil Vinton was the highlight of the festival for me.



Another interesting person that I met was Matt Rodriguez. Matt introduced himself at the picnic as he attended the Blogger Panel. He's the Founder and Executive Director of a startup animation studio in Seattle by the name of PlexiPixel, Inc.



Someone else who introduced himself at the picnic. This is Joel. He's from Tennesee in town for the festival. Joel is a member of the AnimationNation.com forum which I maintain.