Saturday, June 30, 2007

Platform Festival - June 27 '07 - Part 5

I wondered why the Blogger Panel was lightly attended. When I got to the picnic I got my answer. Everyone was here.



This is where you lined up for the great food that was being served.



After I loaded up, I settled in at a far table with this interesting fellow to chat with. I'm pretty sure he was a local, and there was a good reason as to why he was parked where he was.



Here's the reason. The name of this group is the Foghorn String Band. These guys were playing some of the best bluegrass country music I've heard in a long time. The band was a big hit.



After a few minutes, I was joined by the gang I spent the morning with. That's Ovi Nedelcu on the left and Ward Jenkins on the right.



To the right is Aaron Simpson and on his left is someone who attended the panel and whom I had heard many positive things about. That's Brendan Burch, the President and Founder of Six Point Harness Animation Studios in Hollywood.



We were also joined by C. Edwards, an artist and writer for the New York Press. He attended the Blogger Panel as well.